COVID-19 Bulk Billed MBS Telehealth Services
Therapy Services – Australia-wide access during the COVID-19 outbreak
The presence of COVID-19 may be causing you or a family member to experience excessive worry, anxiety, low mood, loneliness or a feeling of being overwhelmed.
Across Australia, many people are experiencing uncertainty, unemployment or downturn in income, loss of regular activities and routines, self-isolation and loss of connection to family and friends, working from home and home schooling.
SAL Consulting is providing temporary COVID-19 Bulk Billed MBS Telehealth Services according to the guidelines established by the Australian Government Department of Health.
SAL Consulting is offering the following 30-minute sessions with our psychologists to support you to manage the additional stress in your life.
- Telehealth Video Conference
- Telehealth Phone Call (when video conference is not accessible)
The initial consultation will be for 50-minutes. This will give us time to collect the information from your Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) so that we can bulk bill Medicare for each session. Once we gather this information, we won’t need to ask you again.
These sessions are Medicare bulk billed, so there is no cost to you.
You will need a MHCP. If you’ve never had a MHCP before, this can be arranged by contacting your General Practitioner, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. This will entitle you to 10 sessions under these Temporary (COVID-19) measures. If you already have a MHCP you do not need a new one but you will need to have your MHCP with you for the first session.
Please ensure that you have your current Medicare Card and the MHCP available for the first session.
Book a Session
If you require urgent assistance, you can call:
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 (ages 5 – 25)
- Police or Ambulance 000
- You can book a session, depending on psychologist availability, with a minimum of 24 hours notice through our online booking tool.
- Visit https://www.salconsulting.com.au/telehealth/
- Select the psychologist you wish to see and the available dates and times will appear. Select the date and time that suits you and include the necessary contact information.
- If it is your first session, ensure you select the initial 50 minute option.
- If you have requested a telehealth video conference, a Corporate Zoom link will be sent to you prior to your session. You do not need to download Zoom onto your device to be able to use this feature as the link will allow this to occur via your web browser.
- If you have requested a telehealth phone call, the psychologist will call you on the number you have provided. This call will be from an ‘unknown number’. Please ensure that settings on your phone do not block this call.
- You can amend your booking if needed. Click on the Manage Booking link within your confirmation email to make changes. Our psychologists will automatically be notified of the changes.
If you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please give the psychologist as much notice as possible.
Forms & Documents