Therapy for Adults
SAL Consulting therapists are experienced in working with adults who have complex support requirements, and may require practitioners to work in collaboration with other professionals that may be involved with the person. Individual therapy sessions can focus on:
- Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Dissociative Disorders, Somatic Disorders, Eating Disorders, and Gender Identity.
- Substance related issues
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Conduct Disorder (CD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Family dynamics
- Skill building
- Experiences of sexual abuse and/or sexual assault
- Phase of life challenges, such as living alone, social stressors and other transitions.
- Behavioural Issues including self-harm, drug and alcohol use and behaviours that lead to contact with the criminal justice system, including sexually inappropriate behaviour and/or offending behaviour
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)/Complex Behavioural Issues
- Mental Health including Depression, Anxiety, Personality Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
- Complex behavioural Issues, including sexualised behaviours and self-injurious behaviours, Mental Health Issues, Trauma/PTSD issues in people with an intellectual disability.