Our Occupational Therapy Services
An Occupational Therapy Assessment is an overarching Holistic assessment/screening of areas related to sensory processing, visual perceptual skills and motor skills. This assessment includes direct observations and interview with the individual/significant others.
Our Occupational Therapists are registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Association (AHPRA). Our team engage in regular professional development activities and are committed to person centred, evidence based practice and achieving the very best outcomes for our clients.
In order to develop a holistic understanding of the person we are working with, our Occupational Therapists collaborate with people who are important to the individual, other professionals and the broader SAL Consulting team.
Our Occupational Therapists provide assessment and intervention for people requiring support with:
- Sensory processing and sensory modulation
- Self care (e.g. showering, toileting, meal preparation)
- Safety awareness
- Engagement in school/day program
- Social skills and developing and maintaining relationships
- Accessing the community
- Behaviours of concern when the individual has sensory and/or motor difficulties
- Motor skills
- Routines (e.g. sleep, mealtime)
Our occupational therapy team have extensive experience working with children, young people and adults with:
- Developmental disability
- Intellectual disability
- Older persons with intellectual disability experiencing issues associated with ageing
- Profound and multiple disabilities
- Mental health and dual diagnosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Social and emotional issues
- Involvement in community justice programs
- A history of complex trauma