Our paediatric service recognises the impact that medical issues, adverse experiences and relationships can have an impact on development, learning, socialisation, behaviour and mental health and wellbeing.
Our consultant paediatrician, Dr Yvette Vella is an experienced practitioner with a passion for children and young people to achieve better health outcomes. Dr Vella provides comprehensive initial appointments and reports and coordinates ongoing care.
Dr Vella has special interests, experience and training working with children and young people who have:
- Developmental delay
- Intellectual disability
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental health needs
- Difficulty engaging in education
- A history of complex developmental trauma
- Been placed in out-of-home care
- Behaviours of concern
- Complex medical presentations