SAL Consulting is accredited to undertake:
- NMT assessments and report with comprehensive intervention recommendations
- NMT assessments, reports and comprehensive intervention plans.
- NMT focused clinical support and therapeutic intervention
Assessments using the NMT are comprehensive, and steps include:
- File Review: looking at all the information that is available on the child or young person and their life – the more information there is available, the more comprehensive the assessment will be.
- Key Person Interviews: The Assessor will need to speak to people that know the child or young person well, such as their foster carers, teacher, Caseworker, clinician, and sometimes even their biological family (as appropriate).
- Completing the Metric: The Assessor collates all the information, and uses the Metric Tool to produce a “Brain Map”. This map shows the strengths, and the areas of development for the child or young person.
- Analysis / Formulation: The Assessor looks at the information provided in the NMT Metric, and other information collected about the child or young person, and prepares the information for feedback in the staffing.
- Staffing: The Assessor meets with the important people in the child or young person’s life, and discusses the results, and recommendations for the future.
- Written Report: The Assessor provides a report providing key people with a summary of the assessment, formulation and recommendations.
1Dr Bruce Perry, 2002