Behaviour Support Practitioner / Senior BSP or Psychologist (Clinical Consultant)
About SAL Consulting
SAL Consulting is a consulting organisation with a focus on working with complex individuals, systems and organizations, working to supporting children and youth; clients with a disability; and persons with mental health support needs and their families.
SAL Consulting provides a range of service types including Clinical Support, Clinical Supervision, Therapy, Health and Allied Health Services, Training and Organisational Practice and Professional Development. Our Consultant Team is a diverse, trans-disciplinary group, with individuals having qualifications, specific training, and practical experience in the Community Services, Health, Disability and Youth sectors. As part of strengthening our presence in the sectors we are currently working in, we are looking to recruit experienced and engaged practitioners for a range of positions.
Creating strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and organisations through communication and working together plays an integral part in SAL Consulting practice and ethos. We are an accredited provider of Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics through the Child Trauma Academy in USA, and a member of the Neuroleadership Institute.
SAL Consulting strives to offer practitioners varied portfolios of work consistent with their areas of interest and skills, matched with current projects and individual needs. We encourage applicants to consider all aspects of the work SAL Consulting undertakes, and potential opportunity for an integrated and varied position, inclusive of work streams such as Therapy, Training, Assessment, Behaviour Intervention and Support, and/or Clinical Support.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone to join our Victorian team who has:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Psychology or Social Sciences;
- Extensive experience in providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment, intervention and support in the disability, out-of-home-care and / or Specialist Homelessness Sectors;
- Direct experience working with people with intellectual disabilities, out-of-home care or Specialist Homelessness Services, ideally including direct care experience;
- Exceptional communication skills including high level written skills, the capacity to impart knowledge and an ability to motivate others;
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly engage different groups of people, in a variety of contexts, and with differing levels of engagement;
- Demonstrated experience in providing responsive and, at times, unpredictable and crisis-based support and advice;
- Demonstrable skills in reflective/ critical thinking as well as an ability to think quickly and be responsive to meet tight time frames;
- Demonstrated analytical and assessment skills;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in intervention planning, design and delivery;
- Applied knowledge in relation to current trends in clinical practice as it relates to the treatment of adults and children with intellectual disabilities; complex communication and behavioural support needs; and developmental/ complex trauma;
- Initiative and the capacity to work autonomously;
- The ability to work as part of a team, maintain a team identity and build relationships with colleagues who may be working across various locations;
- A strong client focus and commitment to learning and ongoing professional development;
- A current Driver’s license; and
- A willingness and ability to periodically travel within Australia to regional areas and inter-state; and
- Eligibility for Medium Term Temporary Skills Shortage Visa with Pathway to Permanent Residency (previously known as Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457) – this Visa will be considered for the right applicant.
Please note that interviews will be conducted as appropriate applications are received. Should the right applicant be found prior to the expiration of the advertisement, no further interviews will be arranged.
How to apply
Please forward applications including a cover letter outlining how you meet the designated criteria and a copy of your CV to:
Natalie Larter – Manager, Victoria (Mon, Tue, Wed)
Email – [email protected]
Mobile – 0447 272 958
Click on the button below to submit your application including your CV.Apply