SAL Consulting is looking for a full-time Occupational Therapist to join our team. The position, based in Sydney, will provide the successful applicant with a diverse caseload and the opportunity to work with an innovative and dynamic trans-disciplinary team, providing support within Sydney CBD, as well as Regional NSW and Interstate (particularly VIC). We are looking for a creative and reflective thinker who enjoys a challenge. A large part of our current caseload consists of assessment and intervention planning with people with intellectual disabilities who present with complex communication, sensory, functional and behavioural support needs, as well as individuals with mobility difficulties who require specialised equipment. We also work with children and young people who have experienced complex trauma.
SAL Consulting is an organisation that is focused on providing customised support to people and agencies within the health and community services sector, including organisations focusing on supporting children and young people; people with a disability; vulnerable families, and people with mental health support needs and their families. We work with complex and vulnerable people, organisations and systems.
The role will be well supported through regular clinical and operational supervision.
- A Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience;
- Current Registration with AHPRA;
- Experience and interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or experiences of trauma who have complex needs;
- Ability to conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals functional needs; sensory assessment and profiling; mobility assessment and equipment provision; and holistic lifestyle assessment and associated goal setting;
- Experience in training and mentoring/supporting parents and families, direct care staff and educators;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and well developed organisational and time management skills;
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as the ability to work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team;
- A strong client focus and commitment to learning, continuous quality improvement, and ongoing professional development;
- A current Driver’s license and a willingness and ability to travel
- Eligibility for Medium Term Temporary Skills Shortage Visa with Pathway to Permanent Residency (previously known as Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457) – this Visa will be considered for the right applicant.
Please note that interviews will be conducted as appropriate applications are received. Should the right applicant be found prior to the expiration of the advertisement, no further interviews will be arranged.
Please forward applications including a cover letter outlining how you meet the designated criteria and a copy of your CV to:
Damon Williams – Manager Health Services
Click on the button below to submit your application including your CV.Apply